About Laura M. Labovich, Chief Executive Officer
With job search management expertise as an award-winning résumé writer, social media enthusiast, and master networker, as well as a decade of experience in HR leadership at Fortune 500 companies such as The Walt Disney Company and America Online, Laura M. Labovich is often affectionately called “a job seeker’s best friend.”
Chief Executive Officer of The Career Strategy Group, Laura’s contagious enthusiasm and powerful methodology make the perfect recipe for getting job seekers unstuck in their job search. Equal parts kick-butt trainer and nurturing cheerleader, Laura empowers job seekers to develop proactive, targeted job search marketing plans that increase momentum and achieve breakthrough results.
Experience Is The Best Teacher
Laura is known for saying that she was “born and raised professionally at Disney” and has been told that she has pixie dust in her blood (and when you hear her speak, you will see why!). After receiving her first promotion out of the polyester, she recruited nationwide for the highly competitive Walt Disney World College Program, led the recreation recruiting and staffing efforts for both Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Disney’s Blizzard Beach water parks, and staffed up Disney’s Animal Kingdom for its inaugural launch.
Later, at America Online, she developed and launched AOL’s college internship program, hiring more than 100 MBA interns in its first year, and coached hundreds of employees — from entry-level to executive — on how to fit in, stand out, and move up in the company and in their careers.
On Paper And In Print
Laura’s easy-to-implement approach has garnered attention from such national news media as The Washington Post, U.S. News & World Report, USA Today, Chicago Tribune, and Monster.com, to name a few. And, as a former amateur nightclub singer, she certainly knows how to tackle, inspire, and entertain a tough crowd. Laura is the co-author of the book 100 Conversations for Career Success: Learn to Network, Cold-Call and Tweet Your Way to Your Dream Job (LearningExpress, 2012), a book about “what to say and how to say it” in your job search.
Credentials and Awards
- Masters degree in Labor Relations and Human Resources Management (MLRHR) from the nationally ranked and highly competitive program at Michigan State University
- Guild Certified Five O’Clock Club Coach
- Careerealism-Approved Career Expert
- Certified Master Résumé Writer (CMRW)
- Certified Expert Resume Writer (CERW)
- Certified Advanced Resume Writer (CARW)
- 360Reach Assessment Certified
- Certified Personal Branding Strategist (CPBS)
- Certified Job and Career Transition Coach (CJTC)
- National nominations in categories as follows: Best Sales and Marketing Resume, Best New Graduate Resume, Best International Resume; 3rd place for Sales and Marketing.
Affiliations and Industry Appointments
- Career Directors, International (CDI)
- The National Resume Writers Association
- The Five O’Clock Club
- Reach Personal Branding Club
- Board of Directors, Career Directors International
- President’s Award, Career Directors International, 2009
- Judge for Toast of the Resume Industry (TORI) Awards, 2011 and 2012
About Dana Inerfeld, Senior Career Strategist
With more than 15 years of experience as a Career Coach and Human Resource Development Specialist, Dana has guided and coached hundreds of professionals, across varied industries, through highly effective job search strategies, enabling them to achieve their career goals!
Dana is extremely passionate about how job seekers use social networking during their job search, since she, in fact, has landed jobs in the past via her skillful use of LinkedIn and Facebook.
Corporate, Government and Non-Profit Experience
Dana’s experience also includes designing and implementing employee development and team building programs within the technology, non-profit, and government sectors for such organizations as the United States Peace Corps, The Nature Conservancy, America Online, and Google. (Yes, Google!)
Dana holds a Master of Arts in Human Resource Development from The George Washington University and a Bachelor of Arts from Northwestern University. She is certified to administer the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) as well as the Birkman First Look Assessment.